Monday, December 08, 2008

I AM SO MAD AT HAILEY



I have got to tell you that I am really disappointed in my 6 year old Hailey. She came home a few weeks ago and tells Kelly and I the bad news from school - She has been chosen as Student of the Month. I immediately had to turn away, bite my tongue, swallow hard and mumble out an unenthusiastic - "congratulations".

Now you may ask yourself what my problem is? I will tell you.
I had a streak going of almost 31 years and 18 grades of NEVER (no not once) ever being chosen as Student of the Month. It was a streak I was proud of and wore like a badge of Honor.

Now don't get me wrong- I never expected the streak to continue in perpetuity through my children's entire scholastic careers but COME ON. Did the kid have to break the family streak in Month 2 of Kindergarten? She couldn't have waited till 2nd or 3rd grade? If I didn't know any better I would say she did it on purpose just to make me mad.





Oh well- next time I catch her reading a book I will demand she put it down and go watch TV. I am not paying a television bill so that she can read a free book. Kids these days-Come On.

4 comments:

Shawn H. said...

I laughed until I blew a blood vessel in my right eye. Congrats to your daughter!

JeffreyG said...

You're a bad parent.

Unknown said...

I'm very disappointed. I spent countless hours teaching Hailey to play video games at a young impressionable age, in order to avoid this kind of situation. This is not acceptable. She should be grounded and forced to play video games until she forgets what she's learned.

Cherie said...

(This is Seth, not Cherie). Brent Stoddard is all grown up and having exceptional children. Wow. It's been a long time. I don't understand the blog thing, but my wife was looking at Aaron & Amy's and saw a link to yours. We've got one, but I guess you need an invitation, so I would need your email address. Send it to cherieandseth@gmail.com. We'd love to hear from you.