Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Are you First Place on Google?


So I am sure everyone has googled their name right? Well being a public sector lobbyist there is plenty of things on Google about me from committee hearings to newspaper articles. The thing that bugs me most when I perform this ritual is that I am not the #1 Brent Stoddard on Google. The current leader of that is the "Brent Stoddard" of the VAPS - what's that you ask? Well if he is so famous you should know right? Wrong. He is a member of the Video Arcade Preservation Society. I would give you the link to his VAPS profile but you would inevitably click on it and by doing so add more clicks for him further justifying his top position on the Google charts. This is simply unacceptable. It may take me 20 years but eventually I will be the number one B.S. on Google - you heard it here first.

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

Wow, I think you need a new agent, casue mine got me #1 on the Google list. It's good to be me! We could do some "black Opps" and speed up the process of getting you to the top. I mean that is not uncommon in your government line of work, right?

Kelly said...

I better comment just to let you know your blog does not go unread.

I'm sure you'll let us all know when you hit #1--good luck with that!

Ashley said...

I'm third on Google. It actually makes me a little nervous to be that high on the list and I might need to change the settings on my blog so it doesn't get recorded on Google. As if I could figure out how to do that. I'm glad you have a blog now! Get your wife to do one too or else please post lots of pictures and stories about your home life. I would also love some good political banter. I get more and more conservative every day. I listen to Rush and Hannity. You would approve.

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Or, you could simply pay for it, right? Or do you want to do it the hard way?